• Supports three control modes of SPI/STEP/DIR interface .
• Combined maximum efficiency and optimum motor torque operation without noise.
• High accuracy no sensor motor load detection
• High load driver will not lost step.
TMC2208 single-axis stepper motor drive chip, power tube built-in drive current 1.4A peak current 2A, voltage range 4.75V-36V, 256 subdivision; with patented technology spreadCycle ™ high chopper frequency, dcStep ™, stallGuard2 ™ stall detection technology, CoolStep ™ current dynamic adjustment technology, can save 70% of the energy, StealthChop mute technology
Flexible microPlyer interpolation unit, the component can provide up to 256 microstep / step resolution, even in the pulse rate is limited system can still be perfect to achieve sinusoidal control; As stealthChop fine music technology is widely used in 3D printing, so These components are also designed to be compatible with existing 3D printer electronics, eliminating the need for costly redesign. Both components have pulse / direction input, can be completely independent operation. The configuration is implemented via digital input.
Can replace the original TMC2100 ,lower heat, especially for the 3D printing market!!!
Configuration:CFG or UART
microsteps: Up to 1/256
Logic Voltage VI0: 3-5V
Motor Voltage : 5.5-36V
Motor Phase Current: 1.2A RMS, 2.0A Peak
Drive current algorithm and regulation:
• The drive current algorithm: i = Vref * 1.9 / 2.5, the default Vref about 0.65v, so the default current 0.5A, the maximum current 1A
• Vref measures Gnd and potentiometer middle end voltage
• When measuring voltage must not connect the motor, or easy to burn drive
• Measuring voltage should be connected to power, do not just connect the USB power supply.
1. Adjust the potentiometer with a special ceramic screwdriver. Otherwise, the drive is easy to be damaged.
2. The heat sink on the drive block is stuck to the middle of the chip (the other driver is the same), otherwise, it is liable to be shortened in current with the next pin.